- Welcome To "Mechanical Engineering" Department -
To create globally competent mechanical engineers capable of working in an interdisciplinary environment, contributing to society through innovation, entrepreneurship and leadership.
- o Produce Mechanical Engineers with a strong theoretical and practical knowledge.
- o Nurture students with a global outlook for a sustainable future.
- o Enable to be productive members of interdisciplinary teams, capable of adapting to changing environments of engineering, technology and society.
- o Create facilities for continued education, training, research and consultancy.
- o Produce engineers with high moral and ethical values.
The ME educational components provide students with a strong technical foundation as well as access to a wide array of educational opportunities that extend beyond the classroom. Our graduates are well equipped to take on leadership roles in industry, government and academia. We are a part of the College of Engineering at North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering prioritize the necessary revamping of Mechanical Engineering education, which is driven primarily by dynamics of technological advances and sustainable development and with active involvement of industry, alumni, research organizations and other stakeholders.
Department offers B.Engg, M.Engg and Diploma programmes. Department caters to more than 424 B.Engg. students, 24 M.Engg. students. The Department has 27 faculty members and 6 supporting staff. The Department offers academic programmes leading to Bachelor of Engineering; Last year about 95 students received their degrees. The faculty members are grouped under three broad specializations – Design, Manufacturing and Thermal & Fluids Engineering. They have been engaged in research in all the classical areas of Mechanical Engineering and upcoming areas too. The academic activities are supported by 10+ laboratories. The Department has decided recently to focus major research efforts in the following areas: Refrigeration, A/C and Cryogenics; and MEMS, Mechatronics, Diesel Engines, Plastic manufacturing Industries.
PROGRAM (B. Engg.) EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- 1. Prepare graduates to have knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering to develop problem solving skills necessary for the career advancement in mechanical and allied disciplines.
- 2. Prepare graduates to have strong practical and theoretical knowledge in Mechanical Engineering and allied disciplines, contributing to society through interdisciplinary research, innovation, entrepreneurial skills, and leadership with a global outlook.
- 3. Inculcate teamwork, communication, interpersonal skills and ethical approach adapting to changing environments of engineering, technology and society.
- 4. Impart critical thinking skills and to develop initiatives and innovative ideas for R&D, Industry and societal requirements.
PROGRAM (B. Engg.) OUTCOMES
- 1. Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering.
- 2. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design and conducts experiments, Interpret and analyze data, and report results.
- 3. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function effectively individually, also as a team member in multidisciplinary activities.
- 4. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems.
- 5. Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- 6. Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and societal contexts.
- 7. Graduates will have the ability to employ effective project management skills to develop a project plan.